A taste of things to come

Ah, teasers, don’t we all love them?
Despite Turkish Airlines’ best efforts I’ve arrived home from a visit to the most photogenic place I’ve been to recently – Isfahan in Iran. I’ve filled half of my notepad with scribbles which I’ll try and decipher, and I’ve got some 500 photos to trawl through. But that’ll have to wait; now another trip looms. In the meantime, here’s a taste of things to come.

This entry was posted in Asia, Iran and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to A taste of things to come

Gahhhhhhh, you are killing me! I simply cannot wait to see more of Iran. Obviously it was great. Very much looking forward to more, but I do get that it takes time … (And have fun on the next trip – lucky you.)

Thanks Lexi! I promise, I’ll write something about it as soon as I can, in facts I might to a bit of an Iran overload I’m afraid… There’s so much to tell about the place, and I’ve been only to one city.

• lexklein says:

If I were not already irritated about you getting to go to Iran, I see now that you have Kazakhstan on your list. After being in Mongolia and reading a lot about the interactions of those two countries and people, I now want to go there, too. AND you are headed to Peru, one of my favorite places ever; in one 12-month span back in 2007-08, I was there 4 times and felt like it was my second home! Can’t wait to see everything you write about in coming months!

Oh, Kazakhstan has been on my ‘to-do’ list for ages. It’s only going to be a long weekend and just because I found a stupidly cheap air fare (which will probably give me DVT) but I couldn’t resist. Mongolia is a place I’m dying to visit, but I somewhat think I’d resign, or get a job that comes with 40+ days of annual leave for that…

2. LaVagabonde says:

I had a feeling you had gallivanted off somewhere mysterious. Looking forward to your posts about Iran, but I totally understand how important it is to take your time and process it all after such a voyage.

[spoiler]I have a ‘where to next?’ page where I basically spoiler where I’m going, if I know about it! [/spoiler]. I’m now currently trawling through the photos, and I’m itching to get writing!